Distant Reiki attunements are becoming more and more popular and there are so many available to choose from and the best part-you don’t even have to leave your home to receive one!
Receiving a distant attunement via chi ball is by far, for me, the most convenient and comfortable way to become attuned to any energy system. It enables you to be attuned in your own time, at your own pace and whenever you want. For more information on chi balls please read What is a Chi Ball?
All that being said many people are still nervous about receiving a distant Reiki attunement via chi ball. If it is your first experience you may feel very unsure of what to do and worry that you will somehow do something wrong and it won’t work. These are understandable concerns but receiving attunements really isn’t such a big mystery.
Once you know that the chi ball has been set up for you by your teacher you can relax and just focus on enjoying the preparation, here are a few tips on how best to prepare and receive your attunement…
- choose the right time, if you are ill, or have eaten a big meal or drank alcohol, these situations are NOT conducive to receiving attunements
- make sure you won’t be disturbed (yes, this does mean putting your mobile on silence) and that you have enough time, sometimes up to an hour is necessary
- take a bath or a shower if it feels right, wash away the day
- remove any jewelry and put on some comfy clothes
- find a place that will be your sacred space for the duration of the attunement, this doesn’t have to be anything more than a super comfortable chair
- cleanse your sacred space, use smudge sticks, crystals, for other possibilities please read Room Energy Cleansing
- set your intention that this is sacred space
- light candles, incense, play relaxing music (all are your choice, not necessary, but nice!)
- make sure you are warm and comfortable, then relax, let go
- call in any angels, guides, etc. that you want to be present to protect and ground you, I always call on Archangel Michael, the protector and ask him to protect me and my energies
- when you fell ready, call in the attunement, you can say something like ““ I (say your name) am now ready to receive the (say the name of the attunement) sent to me via chi ball by Daniel of “Daniels Place”
- let the energies flow to you
- when you feel the energies slow and stop the attunement is complete. Some people like to state, “I am now attuned to (say name of attunement). Thank you”. Thank any guides, etc. who helped you.
- Take your time getting up and drink plenty of water
- Start using the energies as soon as possible and as often as you can so that they become a part of you.
That’s it, that’s how you receive a distant Reiki attunement. There really isn’t anything to worry about, the energy has been set up for you and will find you when you call it in. The more relaxed you are the easier it will be for the energy to flow to you, so just relax and let yourself be attuned to some amazing Reiki energies!